Top badminton teams, individuals
Updated: March 8, 2012 6:48PM
Top 10 Badminton teams
1. Fremd - Vikings motivated to win third state title in six years.
2. Hinsdale South - The talent is good, the chemistry even better.
3. Sandburg - Don’t count out the defending champions.
4. Stevenson - A healthy Wan Wan Liu could mean best season in school history.
5. Bradley Bourbonnais - Madeline Vaccaro and Neha Chaden are a threat to windoubles.
6. Wheaton Warrenville South - Tigers return all six state qualifiers.
7. Downers Grove North - Trojans are inexperienced but athletic.
8. Andrew - Thunderbolts are always dangerous.
9. Naperville North - Ellen Lin was sixth in singles last year.
10. York - Five returning state qualifiers could equal first top 10 finish in 30 years.
Top individuals (in alphabetical order) Torrie Graham, Sr., York; Annie Huang, Sr., Fremd; Kara Kentner, Sr., Sandburg; Ellen Lin, Sr., Naperville North; Jasmine Liu, Sr., Wheaton Warrenville South; Wan Wan Liu, Sr., Stevenson; Andrea McNally, Sr., Hinsdale South; Susan Oo, Sr., Bradley Bourbonnais; Maggie Van Grondelle, Sr., Palatine; Angela Wu, So., Fremd.